This page guides you through the process of setting up the Kafka source connector.
Set up guide
Step 1: Set up Kafka
To use the Kafka source connector, you'll need:
- A Kafka cluster 1.0 or above
- Seek Connect user should be allowed to read messages from topics, and these topics should be created before reading from Kafka.
Step 2: Setup the Kafka source in Seek Connect
You'll need the following information to configure the Kafka source:
- Group ID - The Group ID is how you distinguish different consumer groups. (e.g. group.id)
- Protocol - The Protocol used to communicate with brokers.
- Client ID - An ID string to pass to the server when making requests. The purpose of this is to be able to track the source of requests beyond just ip/port by allowing a logical application name to be included in server-side request logging. (e.g. Seek Connect-consumer)
- Test Topic - The Topic to test in case the Seek Connect can consume messages. (e.g. test.topic)
- Subscription Method - You can choose to manually assign a list of partitions, or subscribe to all topics matching specified pattern to get dynamically assigned partitions.
- List of topic
- Bootstrap Servers - A list of host/port pairs to use for establishing the initial connection to the Kafka cluster.
- Schema Registry - Host/port to connect schema registry server. Note: It supports for AVRO format only.
For Seek Connect:
- Go to the UI and in the left navigation bar, click Sources. In the top-right corner, click +new source.
- On the Set up the source page, enter the name for the Kafka connector and select Kafka from the Source type dropdown.
- Follow the Setup the Kafka source
Supported sync modes
The Kafka source connector supports the following sync modes:
|Full Refresh Sync||Yes|
|Incremental - Append Sync||Yes||Coming soon|
JSON - Json value messages. It does not support schema registry now.
AVRO - deserialize Using confluent API. Please refer (https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/schema-registry/serdes-develop/serdes-avro.html)