If you are experiencing issues with your system, you can troubleshoot independently using the following tips. Still stuck? Contact your Knoema Representative or EnterpriseSupport@Knoema.com.
Ad blockers. Ad blockers will prevent the system from loading charts, for example, in a dashboard, or modules on a landing page.
- Check the settings in your browser and deactivate any new/existing ad blockers.
- Then reload your page to see if that resolves the issue.
It is helpful to report to Knoema the specific ad blocker you are using that created the issue. Knoema will investigate if it can create warnings or workarounds for the blockers.
Clearing the Cache. Your cache may affect the appearance of icons, menus and more. Try clearing the cache and check if your issue repeats. If you need assistance in clearing the cache, please see:
Screen zoom. As with the cache, screen zoom can cause banners and images to shift and appear broken. Check your browser Zoom / scale to ensure it is set to 100%.
Internet Connection. The system relies on the internet to load all the content and resources. Disruptions during loading can disrupt and break the experience. If you are having internet connection issues or have a history of slow internet, please try to refresh and see if the issue repeats.
Other Unique System Issue. If those steps fail, try working from Chrome - Incognito window. Do you still see the issue? If not, something specific to your system is in play and you can let Knoema know this and it will help us to expedite the troubleshooting.
Tips on Reporting an Issue to Knoema
Please be mindful that you can help to more quickly reproduce and resolve bugs in the system by providing Knoema with a few essential details. If possible, please include in your report:
- Issue level. Do you believe this is critical (system is down), high (major feature of user workflow is broken), medium, or low?
- System you are on (portal URL)
- Time/date of issue
- Browser (Chrome, Firefox etc) and system (PC, Mac) you're working from
- URL(s) that are relevant (dashboard or dataset link, etc.)
- Screenshots, videos, etc.
Then, walk through the steps you took and what happened and what you expected to happen so that we can target the errant behavior/results to reproduce and resolve the issue.