Patterns and markers provide additional means to differentiate data on a chart in addition to color. You can add patterns to bar, column, and area charts while markers can be added to line and area charts.`Pattens and markers make it easier to distinguish between different elements of a chart.
To add a pattern:
- Create a chart in the dashboard builder
- Change the chart type to either bar, column or area chart
- Switch to the Appearance tab
- Click a series you want to add a pattern to (you can click either a bar or a legend) or switch to the Series section in the left panel and select needed series from the drop-down list
- In the Pattern fill section, select one of the patterns and it will be applied to a selected series. Swith to another series to apply a pattern to it.
- Save the chart
To add a marker:
- Change the chart type to either line or area chart
- In the Appearance tab, go to the Series section and find needed series
- Select one of the markers. You can also change line type (dash, dot, dash dot, etc.) and width.Note: For area charts, you can apply both pattern and marker.