Once you have created a chart, you may want to customize it by:
- Renaming selected elements
- Reordering selected elements
- Changing visualization layout by handling points, series, and filters
To customize a visualization, switch to the customize mode by clicking the gear icon.
- To rename selected elements, click the pencil icon.
- To reorder selected elements, drag-and-drop (e.g. click Austria and drag it below Belgium).
- To change the layout, switch between points, series, and filters by clicking the letters P, S, and F, respectively.
- Chart (all variations of line and bar). Series are elements of legend, while points are axis categories.
Tables. Manipulate columns and rows (instead of series and points, as in charts). For example, open the dimension that contains the information you want in the table columns. Choose C for columns.
Pie and donut charts. Points are pie shares and series are the timeline.
Radar. Series are elements of legend, while points are corners of a radar.
Info card. Series are cards, while points is a timeline.
Bubble chart. Manipulate bubbles and indicators instead of series and points. Bubbles are points on the chart wile indicators stand for X axis, Y axis and size of bubbles.
Treemap, sunburst, and tree charts. Rows are elements of the chart.
Pictogram. Series are elements of the legend, while points are ranking members.
Rankings and maps. Series and point concepts do not apply.
TIP! Enable the layout preview to see the results of your changes on the fly.
Other popular appearance adjustments include:
- Adjusting the data precision (decimal points used)
- Adding a footnote.
Note: Your platform may have a default option in effect that will automatically add a footnote to each chart. In this situation, you may still customize the footnote type and alignment.
- Adding/moving the legend and or a text box.